Five Easy Fire Prevention Tips
Any fire, big or small, can end up causing massive damage to your home. Even smoke and soot
can cause long lasting odors and discoloration in the walls. Here, we present a few easy tips you
can follow to prevent fire damage:
1. Install and test smoke alarms on every level of your home and inside each bedroom. You
should test them once a month.
2. Plan and maintain a fire escape plan.
3. Keep a small fire extinguisher somewhere that’s easy to access, especially in the vicinity
of high-risk areas like kitchens and fireplaces.
4. Clean high-risk areas. This includes stovetops and dryers. Drier lint can easily combust
and cause serious damage.
5. Always keep open flames attended. Stoves, candles, fireplaces always need to be
If your home or business does suffer fire damage, don’t hesitate to call us at SERVPRO of
Northbrook / Wheeling / Glencoe, (847) 498-8889. We have trained and experienced
professionals ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week.