Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When mold damage strikes, there is a right way to do things, and a wrong way to do things. Here at SERVPRO of Northbrook/Wheeling/Glencoe, we want to make sure that everyone in our community knows what to do when disaster strikes. In this article, we give you some tips and tricks that could be crucial if you ever experience mold damage. Know that we are always here to help, and answer questions during a difficult, and stressful time. Our trained professionals are standing by to help you in any capacity. With over 25 years of experience, there is not much that we have not encountered!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (847) 498-8889
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northbrook / Wheeling / Glencoe for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northbrook / Wheeling / Glencoe has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Buffalo Grove